high hydrostatic pressures
(High Pressure Processing)
HPP makes it possible to extend the shelf lives of packaged food products, without losing their flavour or nutritional content.
– Definition –
A post-packaging, non-thermal pasteurisation system which uses high hydrostatic pressure (up to 87,000 psi – 6,000 bar) to inactivate pathogens in foods, and which makes it possible to increase food safety and shelf life, and to reduce or eliminate the use of preservatives.
– Features –
HPP inactivates harmful microbiological activity in foods, without destroying their vitamins or minerals or inactivating their enzymes.
Fresher and tastier products
It preserves their freshness and sensory properties – colour, taste and appearance.
More environmentally friendly
Reducing or cutting out the use of preservatives. No chemical agents are used, just water.
Less waste and more business opportunities
HPP increases products’ shelf lives, ensuring they maintain quality and freshness until the end of the consumption cycle.
depending on the product
- Benefits of HPP technology -
Quality and food safety
- HPP inactivates harmful microorganisms (pathogens)
- It improves the ‘freshly made’ taste and appearance of the product for the entire duration of its shelf life
- It eliminates the risk of contamination claims, protecting the brand
Natural ingredients: organic products
- Non-thermal inactivation of pathogens and spoilage organisms
- Fresh produce that keeps its colour, taste, vitamins and nutrients
- Doesn’t inactivate enzymes
- Doesn’t destroy antioxidants and other bioactive compounds
- No preservatives
Extended expiry dates: longer shelf life
- Increased shelf lives: Guacamole, from 7 to 35 days
- Cooked sliced meat, from 35 to 100 days
- Cured sliced meat, from 90 to 360 days
- Deactivates ageing processes
- HPP lets you reach new and faraway markets
- It reduces returns, complaints and claims from customers
- Markets further afield
- Products without preservatives
- New product categories
HPP technology offers a range of nutritional properties that are healthier and better for consumers. It eliminates the bacteria that put foods at risk, and without using preservatives it extends the product’s life, keeping the original sensory properties intact.
– Increasing the quality and extending the shelf lives of products –
Quality is maintained at a constant throughout the shelf life of the product
– How it works –
The product is inserted into the HPP vessel. The water is compressed to create instant hydrostatic pressure that is uniform at all points around the product. The flexible packaging transmits the pressure to the product, while also protecting it from the water.
Drivers: Presión / Tiempo / Temperatura